EthCC 2019 Workshop info
- Network: Ropsten
- URL of the app: https://abie-fund.herokuapp.com/#/
- Contract address: 0xdac953477f1c53f828599411362ad4a1afda9b3d
- Ropsten Faucet: https://faucet.metamask.io/
Abie was first released on March 5th, 2017 with the contribution of the Ethergency team at Hacker House Paris.
Abie is a minimalist DAO that includes a Sybil-resistant voting system based on liquid democracy. Members that don’t have any device or Internet access can express their opinion on each incoming proposal.
It’s live on Heroku: try the app now!
npm i npm start
In your browser:
- Make sure that your Metamask is up and logged to Kovan
- Go to http://localhost:3000
- Click on
- Submit a proposal
- Vote (members only)
- Count the votes
- Claim a proposal
Don’t do that if you don’t know what you’re doing. The team can’t be held liable or responsible for any damage which results from wild use of Abie.sol.
To deploy your own DAO, you can use Remix.
- Copy the contract address and paste it in the app
- You can convert your string here, then add a
0xright before your converted string.
- Do the same for the
- Now the
deployfield should look like this:
"0x4162696520446576","0x57652077616e7420746f207465737420416269652e",["<your addr>","<another member addr>","0x24cfc8f7ff347c158e6f06c37e94525892b4df44","0xeefb9234302128259d46ed9e223fbc48b5edb5d1"]
To learn more about that, a complete tutorial is available on the Wiki page.
We’re getting ready to deploy 2 pilots: Abie Dev (See the 1st proposal) and Abie Sting.
- New Slides (in French): “Abie, un système de vote on-chain”
- Abie Wiki
- Trello board
- Abie features (project management)
We’re on Twitter, Facebook and Riot, let’s talk!